How to Use Essential Oils
I use a ton of essential oils and I have many favourites. Below are my top 10 that I use in my home on a daily basis...
Lavender is a must have due to its' versatile uses, including calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension.*
• Diffused for its calming and relaxing qualities
• To reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
• Reduces anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep*
• Helps ease feelings of tension.
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
• Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations (dilute with FCO).
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
• Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
• Use in cooking to soften citrus flavours and add a flavourful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
The high menthol content of the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil sets it apart from others when it comes to quality—making it one of the best-selling favourites among doTERRA essential oils.
Peppermint oil can be diffused, applied topically and ingested (see above for young children). It is known for a wide variety of uses, including:
• Promoting a healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
• Promoting digestive health*
• Repels bugs naturally
• May ease head tension*
• Uplifts moods
• Freshens bad breath
• Cools the skin
The cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties of Lemon make it one of the most versatile oils, not to mention the top-selling essential oil that doTERRA offers. It takes around 3000 lemons to produce 1 kilo of lemon oil. You can diffuse, apply topically or ingest lemon oil. It blends well with Eucalyptus, frankincense, wild orange, lime, peppermint and ylang ylang.
• Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
• Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion*
• Supports healthy respiratory function*
• Promotes a positive mood
It may also relieve symptoms of anxiety, cold sores, common colds, depression, influenza, hangovers, heartburn, stress, throat infections and tonsillitis.
When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavour of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function.* When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to help improve mood.
As one of doTERRA’s most popular oils, doTERRA On Guard is a powerful proprietary blend that supports healthy immune function* and contains cleansing properties.
• Protect against environmental threats*
• Support the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*
• Promote healthy circulation*
• Provide and energising and uplifting aroma
This blend, provides a natural and effective alternative for immune support.* On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system.* doTERRA On Guard can be taken internally on a daily basis to maintain healthy immune function and support healthy cardiovascular function.* It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner. When diffused, doTERRA On Guard helps purify the air, and can be very energizing and uplifting.
Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Tea Tree oil is best known for its purifying qualities, which make it useful for cleansing the skin and home surfaces, purifying the air, or promoting healthy immune function.*
• For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil onto affected area (dilute with FCO).
• Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
• Dab a drop onto any insect bites to assist the itch.
• Apply Tea Tree and Lavender EO (diluted with FCO) to the skin that’s been over exposed to the sun.
• Great for deterring head lice (mix in a spray bottle and spray on the hair)
The leaves of the melaleuca tree have been used for centuries by the aborigines to heal cuts, wounds and skin infections. With the French using it to treat athletes foot, bronchitis, colds, coughs, diarrhea, flu, sunburn and more.
Known as doTERRA’s top shelf immune support oil, Oregano acts as a powerful cleansing agent, and offers powerful antioxidants*—extending its uses far beyond the kitchen cooking dish!
Oregano is a hot oil, you need to be mindful when you use it.
• Always dilute it with Fractionated Coconut Oil
• If taking internally use a veggie capsule
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional health practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties.* The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess cleansing and antioxidant properties.* Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further support the immune system.* In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion.* Oregano acts as an enhancer and equaliser in essential oil blends and can help support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.*
• Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
• Supports a healthy immune system*
• Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function*
• Offers powerful antioxidants*
Easy Air (Breathe)
Known as the ‘Respiratory Blend’ this essential oil is a must have if you, or your family suffer from any respiratory issues.
• Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
• Promotes a restful nights sleep
• Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
doTERRA Easy Air (Breathe in America) is a remarkable blend of essential oils including Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravintsara, and Ravensara. It maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing while minimizing the effects of seasonal threats. doTERRA Easy Air can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote a restful sleep.
• Diffuse, inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
• Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
• Diffuse at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
If you suffer from achy legs, a sore back or tight shoulders, then Deep Blue is for you! It smells just like a dencorub it acts in just the same way – except it’s natural!
doTERRA Deep Blue is perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and cool. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue proprietary blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck. A few drops of Deep Blue Soothing Blend diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil can be part of a cooling and comforting massage.
• Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
• Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
This is the oil that will convince the man in your life, rub some on and watch the benefits.
Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits*. doTERRA currently source this oil from Somalia and it has a warm, spicy, clean aroma.
• Supports healthy cellular function*
• Promotes feelings of relaxation
• Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
• Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
• Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections – apply one drop to your skincare routine (avoid eye area).
• Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
• May assist with focus and improved concentration. It may also ease hyperactivity, impatience, irritability and restlessness and can help enhance a spiritual awareness.
DigestZen aids in the digestion of food, soothe occasional upset stomachs and reduce uncomfortable gas and bloating.* It’s known as the tummy tamer and may also reduce symptoms of motion sickness.
• Add a few drops to water to take internally or rub on the stomach (diluted) before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
• Have DigestZen on hand when enjoying heavy holiday meals to promote digestion.*
• Take DigestZen with you when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.*
• Add to water, or tea, to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*Common uses include: bloating, constipation, abdominal cramps, food poisoning, heartburn, nausea, parasites, diarrhea, gastritis, flatulence or vomiting.
Disclosure: I am not a medical doctor and I am not providing medical advice. Always consult your physician for medical treatment. The advice shared in this page has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you’d like to know more about Essential Oils, you can send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link here to place your orders. I say with pride...."I have yet to sell an oil to someone who was not 100% satisfied" You just can't go wrong with having Essential Oils in your life. Always make sure your essential oils are PURE. Many oils contain chemicals, fillers, synthetic and diluted brands. You should look for Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils. Click here to find out how to get oils.